Friday 13 February 2015

Stone Guardian by Paulina Woods


RATING: 4.5 STARS

I LOVED this book, when you get into the paranormal romance genre it gets tricky trying not to just repeat a story already written because of how popular it is becoming. I didn't have to worry about that at all with this book and I really, really just can't tell you how much I liked that.

This is the story of a woman named Milcah, who grew up sheltered with her mom constantly on the move. All her life she has been told never to take the amulet her mother gave her off, not knowing why she followed this rule always. After the encouragement from her best friend Mary she sets off on a vacation driving to see the Grand Canyon, only she never reaches her destination. Instead she stumbles across what seems to be a deserted mining town, that just happens to have a field full of gargoyles and shifters made of stone. After stumbling across a magic box and breaking a long held curse, she meets Jarod and is transported to a world she never knew existed.

Jarod is a gargoyle, who also happens to be the general of an army sworn to protect all. Once unfrozen he takes Milcah to the guardian realm where she learns of secrets kept from her, her entire life and considering one of those secrets that might just be longer than she ever thought possible. We follow along while Milcah and Jarod try to find out just what she is, what the future for all holds, and their roles in it.

I was not a huge fan of the writing style which other than a few minor editing errors, is the only reason this wasn't 5 stars. When a book is written like this I have a hard time connecting to the characters but I honestly enjoyed this story so much, I barely even noticed. I also loved that it was more about the emotional rather than the physical relationship for Milcah and Jarod. I would recommend this book to anyone over the age of 18 due to the only sexy scene being super sexy!

Caitlin

(Copy provided for honest review.)





1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the honest review! I am glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete