Monday 2 February 2015

Reading Challenge Week 4

Week Four

Read a Book With a Colour in the Title



Out of the Blue by E.L Irwin

Rating: 4.5 STARS
KatyBeth Reilly is super experienced when it comes to training horses and helping run the ranch she part owns with her parents. Men have never been something she really worried about, although her beauty often makes it so they worry about her but KatyBeth just hasn't found the right one. Then we meet Asher Fitzpatrick; the Hollywood actor who, after a very brief, not so friendly meeting with KatyBeth  decides there's just something about this woman he can't leave alone. As a result, he agrees to do a movie on one condition only. KatyBeth soon realizes that Asher is like no man she has ever met before and we watch as KatyBeth fights all the urges she has telling her that Asher might just be everything she never thought she needed.
I loved this story. It was a very clean, sweet read that had my attention right from beginning to end. I loved watching KatyBeth run Asher through the paces and I loved the chemistry present between the characters. Asher was everything I love in a male lead character, I can't tell you how much I loved him. At one point, I even messaged Keri to let her know that you could easily exchange Kate for Cait ;). I would recommend this book to anyone with a love of country settings and sweet romance.

Caitlin



Black by Catherine Winters
Amazon US
RATING: 4 STARS

This is a vampire book that I truly enjoyed. I've been reading my fair share of vampire stories as of late, and this one is slightly different. We're taken on a journey with Josephine (our main female lead) and a battle of property, shall we say, between Grant and Max.
It was an interesting concept, with Josephine being an author, releasing books written about vampires. Her accuracy in their habits gains some notice amongst the vampire world, however. Max is her ex-lover, also a vampire. Grant is the new guy/vampire, coming in to sweep Josephine off her feet.
My only complaint with this story is that the heroine lacked some depth of character. She was very pliant, and just did whatever Grant told her to do, while with Max she fought tooth and nail. There were a few parts, including the vampirism, that could have been explored a little more as well, to gain a more sturdy storyline. All in all, it was good, and I definitely recommend reading it.

Keri

2 comments:

  1. A friend just sent me your review of #OutoftheBlue and....you made me cry. Seriously. Thank you SO much for taking the time to read and review it. I truly appreciate it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No thank you, reading is my escape. So when a book like yours makes that a great escape, I truly appreciate it. -Caitlin

      Delete