Tuesday 11 November 2014

Unexpected Surprises by Janet A. Mota

                                               
                                               Amazon CA Amazon US Kobo                                                  Rating: 3.5 stars  


This review is going to be a little hard for me. This book had a really good storyline. Unfortunately, I am not a huge fan of the style of writing used in this book. Honestly, the plot deserves a 4 but I have a hard time getting past the writing style, which brings it down to the 3.5 rating I gave it.

The story is about Kat and Rey. First we meet Kat who has just survived a horrible accident and the loss of her parents, husband and 2 children as well as any chance to have children in the future. (My heart broke for this woman at this point I even shed a few tears). Five years later, and Kate has been living a life in the shadows, only going to the grocery store when necessary and never anywhere else. She finally decides she needs a change and after talking to her uncle and him letting her borrow his apartment in Portugal while he is away, she takes off for some much needed time away. There we meet Rey who has known Kat forever, always loving her in secret. We then learn despite having been in love with her husband, Kat has always had a part of her heart locked away for Rey. These two are so sweet to each other and you can tell that they really do love each other. It's not that easy though and the two have to struggle and overcome many obstacles on their journey to Happily Ever After.

Like I said, I really did enjoy the story and I would recommend it to someone looking for a sweet second chance romance with a tiny bit of angst thrown in for good measure. The writing style wasn't for me but if it sounds like you would like the storyline please give it a shot. You might find it's worth it.

-Caitlin

(ARC provided for honest review.)

No comments:

Post a Comment