Monday 17 November 2014

Soul Redemption by Miranda Shanklin

          
                                                                   Amazon US   Kobo
                                                                             Rating: 3.5 STARS

This books picks up a very short time after the first. The gang Annisa, Chase, Penelope, and Landon have barely even had a chance to settle down before they are hit with a new danger. The Advisors, a group of witches who feel they are more powerful and more deserving than others. The gang is their main threat and they set off to try to eliminate that threat before it gets too bad. We meet two new teenagers, Amy and Brian a couple we spend a small part of the book trying to figure out just who these two are and what they are doing. We run into old foes turned friend with Rayne, who I must say is probably my favourite character. We also introduced to more new friends and enemies throughout the story as we read about our heroes on their quest to keep their town and their family safe against the evil forces at work. Mix in a little bit of drama and voila. I've got to say I liked this one more than the first. It was great seeing the story grow from what I read with this authors first novel. There were a few minor details I found bothered me a little bit, but I can't really explain them without giving away some important plot. It took me a little bit to get into this but once I did I enjoyed the story and I am looking forward to reading the next one :).



Caitlin


(copy provided for honest review.)

*** Reviews for book 1, book 3 and book 4 are also available. 




No comments:

Post a Comment