Saturday 22 November 2014

Keystrokes by Lisa Marie


Rating: 4.5 STARS

Since this is a book that we have both been waiting to read, we've both written a bit of a review for you to enjoy. Lisa was our primary reason behind starting this blog, and this is the one way we know to show our support. We've been following and encouraging, and helping get Lisa's name out there as much as we possibly can, and we are looking forward to being able to do the same for any number of other deserving authors as well. So, without further ado, here's our review of "Keystrokes" by Lisa Marie.

The chance of a lifetime. That's what it was and, it evolved into the love of a lifetime. Keystrokes is a dazzling read with love and laughter. It's the story of Farrow, the book blogger and Kasen Wells, the Hollywood Hottie. Farrow enters a contest which leads her to the set of "Dirty," getting the exclusive inside look of a novel-turned movie, that hit the media by storm. This is where she meets Kasen, mutually falling hard and fast. A relationship with the Hollywood Star has it's drawbacks, though. Especially when being in the limelight is the last place he wants to be, and Farrow is just getting a taste for it.

I was first given a taste of this novel back in May, my excitement has been building, and I'm so pleased to say that I wasn't let down, either. Lisa Marie has written a sweet and honest story for us, straight out of a fairy tale. Farrow's goal was to become successful in life without the help of a man. This becomes the one barrier between her and Kasen, who wants to step back from his stardom and is ready to settle down in life, with the one woman that makes him happy. We follow them through some major life events, and the support they show each other was fantastic. They were two characters in sync with each other, making the whole story that much easier to read in one sitting (yes, I said one sitting...). I loved it. I can safely say this will be a book that I re-read when I need a lift. 

Keri


Now what to say since Keri has said it all. Keri was the one who introduced me to Lisa Marie, Kasen and Farrow. After months of following teasers and posts I was so excited to sit down and read Keystrokes. Trust me when I say I wasn't disappointed. I loved the relationship between Farrow and Kasen. I felt it was as real as a fictional relationship could be. Although the relationship is tested a few times throughout the book our characters find their way back to each other showing just how true their love is and that they are willing to fight for it. The supporting characters helped the story along creating a wonderful read that I am so glad I got to experience. Lisa Marie you did a wonderful job on your debut novel. xo

Caitlin











No comments:

Post a Comment